Make a Difference
The Harvest Century is more than a bike ride – it is a ride with a mission! Every dollar raised goes directly to Community Vision for the support they provide adults with developmental disabilities and their families in Oregon. Providing them with individualized supported living, housing, customized employment, family support and homeownership comes at a cost. You can be a part of this mission to provide support to more than 135 of Oregon’s most vulnerable people this year, by setting your fundraising goal now!
How do I start fundraising?
- Register and set up your personal Firstgiving fundraising page.
- Build your profile. Click the “Build your profile” button to get started. Add a picture and personal notes to customize your page. You can select to join a team or fundraise on your own. (See Instructions below.)
- Reach out to others. From your fundraising page you can email friends, family and other contacts to ask for their support. You can also share your campaign on Facebook and Twitter. Let everyone know what you are doing to help adults with developmental disabilities. Your friends can easily make an online donation from your Firstgiving fundraising page to support your campaign.
- Make the first pledge yourself. Help your friends and family members see how committed you are!
- Track cash donations. You will be able to add these donations to your Firstgiving page and see your total grow. These can be mailed to our office, along with a completed pledge sheet or donation form (see below).
- See if your employer has a corporate matching gift program. Contact your Human Resources Department and ask. If they do, secure and complete a form to turn in with your pledges. This is an easy way to double your total!
- Follow up with donors and say thanks!